December 24, 2012

Lago "Manacapuru" - Black water Amazon biotope



My second project was a black water Amazon theme tank.
I started with a 270l aquarium / 115х40х60sm, that i made by myself. It didn't leak.
Fish - 7 Pterophyllum scalare "Manacapuru", 13 Hemigrammus rhodostomus, 2 Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi, 11 Corydoras paleatus, 5 Ancistrus Dolichopterus.
Decoration - roots only:

 

Then I added an elevated sump/plant filter. (The water from the tank runs through a container with ceramsit potted plants as a filtration):


I had some disease, that i couldn't treat and most of the anglefish died.

So I did a restart with the same roots and sand, the plants filtration system remained the same. I ordered a bit bigger aquarium (115x55x60h / 380l), Serpa tetras, Corydoras Panda, the old ancystrus and new and better "Manacapuru" scalare:

March 2012:

So far the aquariums runs fine and the angelfish turned out great:
December 2012:
 


And the "lians" above:

 The Anglefish:







1 comment: