December 24, 2012

Mizube biotope / aquascape

Maybe my favorite aquarium was a "mizubee" style aquascape - biotope that I tried in few different ways.
55x25x40cm / 50l.

It started as a Black water peat creek in Borneo for Betta rutilians:

 

 

Later I moved the idea in the nano, added a sump in the back on that aquarium and made a new setup:
Mamberama river, Papua New Guinea:
55x35x30cm+5cm sump
Live stock: Melanotaenia praecox, Pseudomugil Furcatus, Taterundina occilicauda, Amano shrimp
Plants: Marsilea hirsuta, Еleoharis sp., Valisneria nana, Nymphea sp.


It didn't last for long due to my neglecting.

At the end I gave up the idea of a real biotope and made an only aquascape aquarium:
Live stock: Red guppy, Red cherry shrimps;
Plants: Echinodorus tenellus, Lileopsis brasiliensis, Staurogyne, Java moss, Valisneria nana, Nymphea sp.

April 2012



 September 2012:

28 October 2012.
I changed the lightening with 4x spotlight 4w LED.




No comments:

Post a Comment